Job Opportunity Information
Greater Pittsburgh Region - USA
Wednesday, October 4th 2023
Deadline to apply
Nacelle’s Facilities Automation Engineer works with the Nacelle Project and Process Engineering Team, Project Management Team, and third-party Engineering resources to aid in the design, construction, and operation of biogas and renewable natural gas plants. Responsibilities include PLC and RIO designs, control philosophy and PLC logic, electric supply planning and specification, measurement and control devices, operations procedures, and production optimization, utility coordination, etc. In addition to being technically capable and detail-oriented, the successful candidate will possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills ensuring projects are delivered on-time with a high level of accuracy. This position may also be required at times to manage or assist in the management of consultants or contract design work to facilitate the development of multiple simultaneous projects. A strong working knowledge of process control, electrical specifications, and electric code are required for this position.
- Responsible for the design of Nacelle’s I&E systems to operate biogas and RNG production facilities
- Owns the development of electrical and control standards for implementation across projects
- Participates in overall plant design to ensure automation, measurement, and controls strategy is compatible with mechanical design
- Interface with electric utilities and I&E contractors to support project planning and construction
- Evaluate new technology and new opportunities for increased automation and visibility
- Provide guidance to 3rd party engineering resources when required and perform drawing reviews / approval
- Assist with electric one-line drawings, panel designs, and electrical schematics to aid in the procurement of all required equipment
- Support operations in troubleshooting I&E issues and optimizing associated production
- Proactively monitor performance on existing projects on an ongoing basis including reviewing operating parameters and results and make suggestions when necessary
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, etc.
- Seven plus (7+) years of engineering experience in natural gas and/or chemical processing; biogas processing industry experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of 120 / 480 V power systems and equipment
- Background in PLC design, logic and optimizing control strategies with wired/wireless devices and RIO panels. Specific experience with Allen Bradley control systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with instrumentation, troubleshooting, wiring, I/O, communication protocols such as ModBus, BACnet, and OPC.
- PLC Programming experience
- Demonstrated ability to read and redline drawings in a timely fashion and be flexible to accommodate project specific needs
- Ability to pass customer, company, and regulatory safety and operator qualification programs
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements
- In depth experience and understanding of P&ID development, electric drawings and schematics
- Required to successfully complete a background check and drug screening prior to being hired
Competencies, skills and abilities:
- Computer skills of MS Office, operating systems, company software
- Strong math skills (algebra, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research various topics utilizing various methods of obtaining relevant information including the internet, industry journals, professional networking, etc.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from managers, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details and follow work rules
- Must be self-directed and possess the ability to work independently and perform duties with little to no supervision
- Ability to speak and understand English
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
Regularly required to:
- Talk and hear; verbally express ideas, information and instructions
- Use hand tools and equipment, repetitive hand use such as simple grasp and twisting motion included
- Lift, pull, push or carry up to twenty-five (25) pounds regularly and up to seventy-five (75) pounds occasionally
- Bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Stand/walk for long periods of time without a break
Occasionally required to:
- Remain seated in a normal position for up to half the workday
- Work in low-lit areas
- Have the ability to work around loud to moderate noise
- Climb stairs and ladders to elevated workspaces
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.