Job Opportunity Information
Business Development Manager
Chicago, IL - USA
Monday, July 17th 2023
Deadline to apply
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Prospect large commercial target accounts that are large companies that ship their product by in-house or contracted trucking fleets, and large trucking companies.
- Profile target accounts by researching and evaluating sustainability plans, carbon reduction goals, and decarbonization strategies while connecting how RNG can help the target achieve success sooner, cheaper, less risk, etc.
- Educate and promote the ability of Clean Energy to help the prospect to achieve carbon reduction goals by using RNG trucks.
- Communicate the advantages of decarbonizing with RNG compared to other options such as doing nothing or transitioning to other technologies such as electric and hydrogen.
- Utilize Clean Energy’s technical experts to perform carbon reduction modeling studies that quantify the carbon reductions possible with RNG.
- Perform team selling with Clean Energy’s Business Development Managers that specialize in trucking.
- Work with targets to implement RNG trucking transition strategies that result in deployment of RNG trucks and purchase of RNG fuel from Clean Energy.
- Establish and develop relationships with corporate decision makers (i.e. sustainability directors, chief sustainability officers, procurement directors, CFOs, etc.).
- Possess and demonstrate sophisticated communication skills including ability to communicate regarding corporate environmental stewardship, supply chain responsibilities in a global market: able to communicate with senior level management of large commercial companies regarding the sustainable benefits of using renewal natural gas in their overall corporate portfolio
- Conduct business development activities within an assigned territory including developing a comprehensive sales/marketing strategy, keeping potential buyers up-to-date on industry trends, including sustainability, plus selling of products and services offered by Clean Energy.
- Work to advocate and craft the message of renewable natural gas (RNG) and other Clean Energy services.
- Develop and maintain expertise in “Green Truck” technology and market to understand alternatives available to customers.
- Establish, manage and grow relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners in the RNG for transportation fuel industry.
- Educate the economic and health benefits of RNG vehicles to local communities and trade associations.
- Market to new and existing customers through creation, development, and implementation of various business solutions.
- Travel to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and communicate with customers by phone and email.
- Forecast and estimate demand for proposed projects based on market research and trends.
- Develop and deliver proposals and presentations on company services.
- Draft, develop, negotiate, review and understand contracts and fueling agreements.
- Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
- Keep account activities, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records and activities, and literature up-to-date.
- Develop proficiency with Clean Energy software tools and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Use the "Link to Opportunity" above to apply.