Job Opportunity Information
Business Development Senior Advisor (Biomethane)
Houston, Texas - USA
Tuesday, November 21st 2023
Deadline to apply
The Biomethane Business Development Senior Advisor will be responsible for identifying, proposing, and developing biogas/biomethane business opportunities in the US and Mexico for ENGIE.
The Biomethane Business Development Senior Advisor is responsible for contributing to the strategy definition and execution, developing a network of contacts, and gaining in-depth knowledge of the biogas industry in the US and Mexico (including local incentives and regulations that support biogas development). Additionally, the Senior Advisor will lead the corresponding internal approval processes.
This position sits in the Houston, TX office and reports to the Managing Director, North America Networks. This position is eligible for a hybrid work-from-home and in office work schedule.
- Lead the definition and execution of the Group’s biomethane industry strategy in the US and Mexico
- Lead the development of business opportunities from origination up to Notice to Proceed, including the internal approval process
- Co-Lead the Due Diligence related to project or company acquisition:
- Organize the streams and define the milestones with the stream leaders
- Liaise closely with Business Development Oversight (BDO)
- In charge of the BDO documentation supporting the file
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts within the biogas industry in the US and Mexico
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the biogas industry in the US and Mexico, including business models, local incentives, and regulations
- Propose alternative ways to develop biogas in the US and Mexico for the Group and improve the Group’s positioning in this ecosystem
- Communicate and present biogas industry insights and opportunities to senior management
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders internally and externally, to ensure successful execution of biogas projects
- Monitor and report on market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments
- Prepare and deliver presentations, reports, and proposals to key stakeholders
- Represent the company at industry events and conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business development in the energy sector, with at least three (3) in the biogas industry
- Strong understanding of business development processes, both greenfield and mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with renewable energy markets and trends
- French and Spanish language skills a plus
- Strong network of contacts within the biogas industry, ideally in the US/Mexico is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of business models, incentives, and regulations supporting biogas development is preferred
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the Linkedin company's page.