Job Opportunity Information
Chicago, IL - USA (Hybrid)
English, Dutch and German are a plus
Thursday, September 21st 2023
Deadline to apply
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with excellent attention to detail. This individual is proactive and a creative and innovative problem solver. The Commissioning Engineer will maintain effective communication with internal and external customers to achieve project goals and objectives.
The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for ensuring installation projects are completed and maintained safely and successfully. This position is responsible for inspecting sites and materials, making sure safety protocols are followed, scheduling installations, troubleshooting problems, and suggesting improvements. They also research and answer customer questions about product features, issues, and upgrades, and complete customer training.
- Commission bio-energy installations (mechanical/electrical) and travel to job sites to independently lead the organization, planning, performance, and testing of installations.
- Conduct equipment checks and system tests in the field to ensure correct operation.
- Review test results and prepare test reports to confirm compliance with technical specifications.
- Organize, plan, and perform service and preventative maintenance of bio-energy installations to ensure the installations are maintained appropriately.
- Coordinate outsourced work and service contracts, with partners/subcontractors to ensure continuity of workflow for onsite visits.
- Participate in site/emergency support team to address urgent matters that impact the safety or productivity of installations.
- Maintain and manage technical files such as operation/maintenance manuals allowing for efficient management of contracts and service trips.
- In cooperation with the procurement department, select parts and equipment, including alternatives, request quotes, purchase materials, and equipment, and schedule the work when preparing a commissioning, service, or repair trip, or a request for spare parts from a client.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; direct experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- 2 – 4 years in a similar position.
- Experience with process installations, gasses, PED, and ATEX regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering, and project management.
- Able to work with ERP systems, MS Office, SCADA/HMI, and PLC systems.
- Skilled in interpreting P&IDs, electrical schemes, and control philosophy documents.
- Strong coordination experience which includes detailed planning, organizing, and documenting.
- Results-focused with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; Dutch and German are a plus.
- Valid US Driver’s License to travel to client sites.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.