Job Opportunity Information
Director, Renewable Energy Origination
United States (Remote)
Friday, August 18th 2023
Deadline to apply
We are looking for a dynamic Origination Director to join our team! You will play a pivotal role in identifying and securing long-term supply and renewable electricity generating opportunities with utility customers in PJM, MISO, ERCOT, SERC, TVA, and SPP. Your expertise in deal structuring and negotiation will be crucial in driving the success of StormFisher Hydrogen’s renewable portfolio. This is a high-impact role where you will have the chance to shape the overall origination group strategy and contribute to the company’s ambitious growth plans.
The duties of this role will include the following:
- Develop and execute supply and market plans for PJM, MISO, ERCOT, SERC, TVA, and SPP, ensuring both short-term and long-term success.
- Source and cultivate strong relationships with potential renewable electricity suppliers, identifying supply opportunities and securing power purchase agreements, build-transfer agreements, and other electricity supply agreements.
- Lead commercial negotiations, structuring deals that align with their goals and financial objectives.
- Manage cross-functional teams to prepare and submit competitive bids for projects, leveraging your deep understanding of market dynamics and pricing strategies.
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior managers and associates, fostering a collaborative and high-performing team environment.
- Deliver impactful presentations to customers and senior executives, effectively communicating their value proposition and securing their buy-in.
- Stay abreast of market trends, competitive offerings, and pricing dynamics, conducting thorough market analysis to inform decision making.
Key Requirements and Skills
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of originating, structuring, valuing, negotiating, and executing power purchase agreements (PPAs), build-transfer agreements (BTAs), divestitures, and other off-take transactions.
- Experience in understanding power market data, congestion, curtailment, LMP/nodal pricing and analysis.
- Deep knowledge of utility-scale wind, solar, and hybrid renewable power generation development.
- Requirement to travel for stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to simplify complex subject matter for diverse audiences.
- Strong quantitative skills, including cost-benefit analysis, scenario analysis, data projections, regression analysis, and data visualization using charts and graphs.
- The ability to multitask problem solving and prioritize tasks effectively, even when faced with competing deadlines.
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to work collaboratively within a team of skilled professionals.
- Ambitious and proactive mindset, capable of thinking strategically, setting ambitious goals, and creating actionable plans to achieve them.
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Good relationship management and interpersonal skills to establish trust with stakeholders.
How to apply
Please apply using the "Link to Opportunity" button, via the company's Linkedin page or send your cover letter and resume to HR@stormfisher.com. We appreciate all applications for this role but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.