Job Opportunity Information
Energy Manager - Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
Miami, FL - USA
Tuesday, October 31st 2023
Deadline to apply
Waga Energy, Inc., an innovative Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) producer specializing in landfill gas upgrading is currently seeking candidates for the position of Energy Manager in our Bala Cynwyd, PA (Philadelphia Area) or Miami, FL offices to support our growing activities in the US. Qualified candidates located outside of Philadelphia and Miami will also be considered.
Responsibilities & Duties
This is an exciting, rewarding position promoting the role of renewable energies, notably renewable gas, in the future of energy transition.
The Energy Manager plays a key role within the company and is responsible for maximizing the value of RNG, securing long term revenues, and acquiring/maintaining the certification of green attributes associated with the production of RNG through federal programs including the EPA Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program. The Energy Manager is accountable for multiple financial and administrative areas within the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy and all associated strategy metrics.
Principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing an energy management strategy for Waga’s North American landfill gas to RNG projects (i.e., RNG off-take, electricity, and natural gas sourcing) in coordination with the Global Energy Director based in France, and the North American executive team.
- Supporting the Business Development team with the administration of landfill operator partnership agreements and the negotiation of associated off-take and energy sourcing contracts.
- Optimizing the value generated from energy contracts and minimizing associated risks.
- Developing and ensuring the achievement of energy management KPIs to track energy margin and exposure on existing sites.
- Serving as a subject matter expert and internal advisor on evolving regulatory matters related to RNG commercialization in North America (USA and Canada), in particular regulations related to environmental attributes.
- Controlling the application of energy contracts and invoicing on existing sites and supporting the invoicing team with the establishment of monthly invoices and associated documentation.
- Tracking, maintaining, and reporting on all data regarding RNG production allowing the generation of RINs under the EPA RFS program in coordination with the operation team.
- Administering all RIN related submissions, transfers, and gas nominations in coordination with the operation team.
- Managing the RNG green attribute program (Q-RIN certification under the EPA RFS program, renewable thermal credits, etc.) and ensuring program compliance from facility registration throughout the lifetime of the contract.
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional with a bachelor’s or master’s degree (master’s preferred) in engineering, business administration, or a related discipline, 5 to 10 years of professional experience with energy transactions, natural gas off-take contracts, as well as contracts associated with the sale of green attributes within the RNG industry or a closely related industry, and a passion for and commitment to environmental preservation and sustainability. Other key qualifications include complex contract negotiation & administration skills and financial, legal & risk management analysis skills.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively build and maintain coworker, client and external partner relationships within a highly collaborative environment are critically important for success in this role. Candidates must also be autonomous/self-motivated, proactive, highly analytical, and well organized.
The ability to accommodate +/- 25% domestic (US) travel time (including overnight stays) is required. Some international travel may also be required.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.