Job Opportunity Information
Internship - Design of sedimentation removal system digesters
Enschede, Overijssel, Netherlands
Monday, July 31st 2023
Deadline to apply
Digesters can run on all kinds of feedstocks. Many new projects run on materials such as food waste or green waste, which contains contaminants as sand, plastic, glass etc. Unfortunately heavy material such as sand builds up on the bottom of the digesters, slowly decreasing the effective volume of the digesters. This material thus has to be removed every so often by shoveling it out, but this is a costly intervention.
What do Host Bioenergy Systems offer?
- Working at the technology forefront of the energy transition;
- Groundbreaking tech company in the field of biofuels, carbon capture and thermal conversion;
- Minimum wage based on 40 hours per week for interns with an EU working license / Monthly fixed fee of € 400 based on 40 hours per week for students without an EU working license. Please note: it depends on your type of internship at HoSt which fee you receive;
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- Professional support, guidance and insights;
- Interesting international environment only a 5-minute walk from the ‘Kennispark’ train station in Enschede;
- Nice and sustainable welcome gift;
- A dynamic, energetic, passionate young team;
- Flexibility in working from home / office.
- Research ways to remove the sedimentation from the tank, and ways to prevent sedimentation from occurring.
- Set up business cases for the most promising options.
- Make a detailed design of the best option which could be implemented in new (and existing?) installations.
- BSc / MSc in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Sustainable Energy;
- Interested in sustainable energy technology;
- Plan-minded and independent worker.
How to apply
Please apply using the apply button (through the link described in "Link to Opportunity"). General questions can be addressed to Mariëtte Huis in `t Veld, internship coordinator at email@example.com. For questions and more details about the internship please contact Sjors de Groot (Hiring Manager) on +31 (0) 53 - 460 90 80.