Job Opportunity Information
Manager, Membrane Systems Project Execution
Newark, DE or Houston, TX - USA
Monday, December 11th 2023
Deadline to apply
Searching for a Membrane Systems Manager with several years of experience managing teams within the industrial gas industry, overseeing all aspects of project management, including forecasting and financial analyses to bring projects to successful completion in alignment with Air Liquide’s goals and budgets. Demonstrated expertise and technical knowledge in leading engineering teams, project management, and pragmatic decision making.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Manages Project Managers and Project Engineers, who are in charge of delivering engineered systems to external customers.
● Is the accountable person for execution of all membrane systems / engineered projects against delivery commitments, specifications, and project plans.
● Manages Project Managers & Engineers directly – this role is both a Manager and a Manager of Managers.
● Project Execution: Oversee the execution of project activities being completed by the Project Managers, ensuring adherence to engineering designs, project plans, timelines, and budget.
● Proactively identify and mitigate risks, resolve issues, and make necessary adjustments to keep project managers on track with their projects.
● Set goals and KPIs for the Project Managers in line with business objectives.
● Internal and External team coordination: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with project goals and objectives, including internal teams, and external stakeholders such as vendors, and suppliers.
● In charge of the management of the team’s staffing, resources, and mentoring, and maintains a best-in-class department.
● Leads all of the team’s recruiting activities in order to ensure consistency in staffing. Plays a mentorship role to personnel, assisting in their duties upon request, and constantly promoting the growth of their professional skills, readying them in accordance with the company’s succession plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
A list of the primary tasks / responsibilities this role is responsible for
● Ensures the optimal application of engineering resources in order to meet project development and customer requirements, as well as project needs and continuous improvement of project delivery processes.
● Evaluates team members’ performance for all team members under their purview. Interviews, hires, and trains employees and directs all workflows. Enforces company and department-specific work rules and policies. Addresses complaints and resolves problems, as required.
● Works with intra-project stakeholders, including the engineering teams, management, procurement and business development personnel as required in order to manage excessive, short-term project workloads to meet deadlines and ensure the execution team can deliver on the long term strategic objectives set for Team performance.
● Collaborates closely with Solutions Development, Strategic Business Units business development and process personnel, Air Liquide managers, vendors, and customers as required in all activities. This includes participation in stage-gate reviews with business development.
● Schedules projects and follows up to ensure project deadlines and budgets are being met.
● Plans, organizes, follows up and makes decisions regarding the execution of multiple projects and resources.
● Establishes and monitors Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) for Team performance.
● Develops and ensures adherence to departmental expense budgets.
● Develops processes that work towards a planned and continuous reduction in product cost.
● Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
● 5+ years of supervisory experience in project management and project budget control, including project management roles, preferably in engineering, skid manufacturing or renewable energy technologies such as the Biogas, Hydrogen and Helium sectors.
● Knowledge of membrane technology and its applications is preferred.
● Solid understanding of corporate goals/objectives with regards to engineering and product (defined as custom and standardized engineered systems) development.
● Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities.
● Knowledge of engineering documentation systems.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Able to organize and prioritize own work schedule and subordinates’ schedules. Meet deadlines and work under pressure.
● Excellent financial acumen and ability to analyze financial data.
● Proficient in Google Suite
● Demonstrates strong process and operational safety behavior at all times.
● Strong leadership skills
● Excellent engineering skills
● Measured, pragmatic decision making
● Previous experience in membrane processes and applications
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the Linkedin company's page.