Job Opportunity Information
Operations & Maintenance Engineer – Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
Wednesday, August 23rd 2023
Deadline to apply
Waga Energy, Inc., an innovative Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) producer specializing in landfill gas upgrading is currently seeking candidates for the position of Operations & Maintenance Engineer in our Bala Cynwyd, PA Office (Philadelphia Area).
Faced with the urgent need to act to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the employees of Waga Energy, Inc. have commitment themselves to take meaningful action to contribute to sustainable energy transition and the construction of a more environmentally friendly society. In serving as members of this committed team of professionals, Waga employees are supported within a fair, ethical culture focused on cooperation, humility, integrity, respect, and teamwork.
Waga offers a competitive annual salary and benefits package including 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays and paid parental leave along with health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and a 401k plan with company matching contributions. You’ll enjoy a relaxed, friendly work environment where you’ll have the ability to flex your work hours to attend to personal/family related matters as needed. Work from home is currently available 1 day per week.
This is an exciting, rewarding position promoting the role of renewable energies, notably renewable gas, in the future of energy transition. This position is an excellent opportunity for a junior level engineering professional seeking practical experience and future professional advancement into a more senior level role.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations & Maintenance Engineer serves as a member of the operations and maintenance team responsible for the management of landfill biogas to Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) projects via the successful operations of our WAGABOX® units.
This is a highly responsible role tasked with supporting the operations & maintenance of all Waga Energy, Inc. WAGABOX® units.
Associated responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Director of Operations with managing the operations of all US WAGABOX® units including the continuous monitoring of unit production to ensure maximum up time/availability.
- Assisting with the specification and procurement of equipment, supplies, tools, etc. including coordinating with outside manufacturers, suppliers, vendors, etc. and tracking/monitoring inventory via a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Participating in pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Assisting members of the operations and maintenance team with diagnosing active and potential WAGABOX® performance issues, formulating & proposing corrective actions, and assisting with the execution of actions on-site.
- Effectively utilizing a CMMS to assign and monitor maintenance and repair activities.
- Planning and managing the annual maintenance process for all US WAGABOX® units including assisting with all associated maintenance and repair activities.
- Serving as a backup WAGABOX® operator as needed.
- Assisting the Director of Operations with project administration related tasks including contract review, coordinating with the accounting & finance team, preparing reports of operations and maintenance related activities, and other related tasks.
- Assisting the Director of Operations with managing operations and maintenance team members.
About You – Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional with a bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical, process, or a related discipline), a minimum of three years of previous professional experience (including co-op/internship experience) in a similar role, and a passion for environmental preservation and sustainability. Experience within the oil, gas, and/or chemical, industry as well as knowledge of pressure equipment design and operation is preferred but not required.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment are critically important for success in this role as is the ability to effectively build and maintain coworker, client, and vendor/subcontractor relationships. Candidates must also be highly analytical and well organized. Knowledge of French is a plus but is not required.
This is a “hands-on” role incorporating both in-office and on-site (WAGABOX® project sites) responsibilities. The ability to accommodate +/- 50% domestic (US) travel time (including overnight stays) is required. Some international travel may also be required. The ideal candidate enjoys hands-on repair & maintenance type work in addition to in-office technical engineering work. Although all necessary training will be provided, a candidate who is mechanically inclined will likely be better suited for this role.
How to apply
Please apply using the "Link to Opportunity" button or via the company's Linkedin page.