Job Opportunity Information
Dalhart, Texas - USA
Tuesday, February 13th 2024
Deadline to apply
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Biogas Technician performs skilled work that is necessary in operating an anaerobic digester, gas conditioning skid, associated digester and upgrader plant equipment. The facility is composed of a digester, pumps, gas blowers, compressors, oxygen generators, condensers, chillers, and related auxiliary equipment.
- Adheres to, and has full working knowledge of, the company safety program
- General Mechanical Duties- including valve replacement, tightening valve packing, minor pipe/flange repairs, disconnecting and replacing mixer motors on digesters, opening and closing bolted manway
- Assist and support outside contractors with maintenance onsite maintenance such as media change-outs, large equipment overhauls, and vacuum removal of solids from digesters.
- Monitor gas production of anaerobic digesters with a focus on O2 and H2S concentration.
- Complete daily rounds of plant equipment and capture fluid temps, pressures, oil levels, gas concentrations, and process flows. Check equipment for proper operation looking for excessive vibration, fluid leaks, and any conditions needing further attention. Accurately record all plant operational parameters and respond to unsatisfactory trends.
- Operate plant equipment including the pumps, blowers, and other related auxiliary equipment in accordance with manufacturer recommendation and established company policy.
- Participate in the planning and execution of preventative maintenance activities.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle is required.
- Will be required to regularly lift, move, and/or push objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Relevant maintenance and operating experience in an industrial or gas processing environment is desired.
- Operational experience may be supplemented with military experience or training in a related field.
- A relevant background in safety procedures/practices.
- Able to quickly respond to rapidly changing conditions.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to make sound recommendations on plant conditions.
- Fundamental proficiency in Windows-based applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel) on a PC or tablet is required.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.