Job Opportunity Information
Cherry Creek, NY - USA
Monday, August 14th 2023
Deadline to apply
LF is looking to hire two Plant Operators to oversee, operate, maintain, and optimize its dairy manure anaerobic digestion RNG plant in Cherry Creek, NY. This role reports to LF’s Director of Operations.
The Plant Operators will have overall responsibility for operating performance, safety, and environmental compliance of the facility, including daily interfacing with SCADA control, making operating changes, executing preventative maintenance, performing lab work, and submitting environmental compliance reports while maintaining a safe work culture.
The plant is currently under construction and is expected to be commissioned at the beginning of 2023. During the construction period, the Plant Operators will assist in the oversight of construction activities, help set up the shop and warehouse, support the development of operating manuals and standard operating practices, and train in the operations, maintenance, and control of the specific equipment that is being installed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Fixed salary, commensurate with experience
- Up to 20% bonus potential
- Overtime pay or time off in lieu of, for call-outs
- Statutory holidays in the State of New York
- 2 weeks of additional paid time off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
- Flexible spending account or Health Spending Account available
- Long-term disability, and life insurance available
- Retirement plan, with matching contributions up to 6%
- Offset schedule of either Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday, 5 days per week, 8 hours per day
- Daily use of computers and electronic control systems for process equipment
- Daily use of gas sampling equipment, mobile process analyzers, and laboratory equipment
- Regular use of industrial vehicles and the operation of heavy machinery
- Periodic lifting or moving of heavy materials up to 60 lbs.
- Regular use of a variety of power and manual tools
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain or climb up equipment ladders
- Standing on feet for extended periods of time
- Personal protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, gas monitors, high vis vests, etc.).
- Work with hazardous materials may be required
- Position may require extended working hours contingent on “On call” status
- Responsible to ensure all personnel on site complies with safety, environmental, and social regulations
- With the assistance of Management, the Plant Operator will work to continuously improve plant operations via research on technology, process methods, and reactions to plant performance
- Act as primary liaison for LF Bioenergy with Farmer partner, contractors, and other third-party entities
- Monitor, maintain, and operate dairy manure anaerobic digester, manure feedstock preparation, RNG upgrader and all supporting equipment and systems by performing operational adjustments, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, analyzing charts, and submitting reports
- Report to the Director of Operations weekly with production, availability, operational trends, etc.
- Ensure the overall facility plant is kept safe, clean, and presentable at all times
- Perform lab work, record data, and draw conclusions that informs process control
- Coordinate with, manage, and oversee all vendor and contractor work and deliveries, assisting where possible
- Manage budget while ensuring compliance with accounting practices
- Maintain the inventory and proper storage of all spare parts, and operating supplies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical and electrical fundamentals
- Ability to think critically with a sense of ownership and pride in one’s work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of PLC/SCADA controls
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work cohesively in a highly effective team environment
- Flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- No felony convictions or open arrest warrants
- Pass a physical exam and aptitude test
- Provide reference checks related to previous employment
- Anaerobic Digester, energy facility, or similar process plant operations experience
- Technical training and/or certification
- College education/degree
How to apply
Please apply using the apply button (through the link described in "Link to Opportunity") or apply through the Company Linkedin page.