Job Opportunity Information
Plant Supervisor – Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
Wednesday, August 23rd 2023
Deadline to apply
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for managing the maintenance activity of our WAGABOX® unit based in Victoria, in order to guarantee the unit availability and respect the defined contractual and regulatory conditions.
You will be working on your own and remotely from the team.
Presence required on the site based in Victoria (Hartland landfill) on a daily basis except for administrative work.
Travels to the head office located in Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada will be occasional. Punctual travel in the USA, France and Canada are included.
For your onboarding, you will be required to spend one to two months at our head office and on our operating facility based in the East of North America.
Contract start date: January 2024
- A competitive annual salary
- Vehicle provided
- 20 to 30 days of paid time off according to seniority and 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
Associated responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the production plant safely and reliably by complying with regulatory requirements
- Execute installation and/or modification/repair of chemical/mechanical/electrical processing equipment
- Coordinate and supervise preventive and emergency maintenance activities in compliance with the action plans, deadlines, budget and operation procedures
- Manage subcontractors (welder, crane operator, electrician…)
- Monitor technical and process operations on a daily basis (HMI, measurement points, parameter changes, etc.)
- Manage spare parts and anticipate supplies
- Dealing with regulatory authorities
- Ensure the site and equipment are organized, clean and in safe working conditions
- Communicate potential mechanical hazards on equipment to appropriate leadership and operators
- Contribute to administrative tasks:
- Enter work orders into CMMS
- Maintain maintenance logs, reports, and filing necessary
- Develop or revise operating procedures
- Follow-up contracts
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance team
Work will primarily be based on a 5-day x 8-hour schedule (day shift). On-call operations will be requested once you are fully autonomous.
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years Industrial Maintenance experience, preferably in chemical or gas industry
- Experience in maintenance and repair of both building systems and manufacturing equipment
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to take directions and work with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- You want to get involved for the environment and contribute with your skills in the environmental objectives of Waga Energy
- Applicants must have a valid Class 5 BC drivers licence
- Knowledge of French will be appreciated but is not mandatory
- Lift up to heavy materials, supplies, tools, fixtures and equipment from floor to elevated positions
- Perform work activities with high pressure, H2S and CH4 using required personal protective equipment
- Perform outdoor work activities in all weather conditions
- Operate forklift, lifting platform and other material moving equipment
- Ability to climb ladders
How to apply
Please apply using the "Link to Opportunity" button or via the company's Linkedin page.