Job Opportunity Information
Product Development Engineer
Burlington, ON - Canada
Monday, January 29th 2024
Deadline to apply
As a member of the Anaergia Integrated Systems (AIS) team, the Product Development Engineerwill work on the design, development, and execution of exciting projects in the biogas and organic waste processing industry. This role will involve integrating various types of process equipment into packaged skid systems, designing custom equipment, and other tasks supporting the design, manufacturing, and commissioning of AIS systems.
We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking, multi-tasking Mechanical Design Engineer who enjoys challenges and actively seeks to develop and improve work processes and the environment.
Reporting to the Director, Anaergia Integrated Systems, the responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create and detail 3D CAD models, manufacturing drawings, and detailed bills of material to enable manufacturing of company products such as organics polishing systems, biogas conditioning and upgrading systems, and ammonia removal systems.
- Create sales drawings, GA drawings, shipping drawings, lifting drawings, site plans, and other design documents to support sales, applications, and project activities.
- Travel to local manufacturing shops to oversee progress on equipment fabrication and assembly.
- Perform sizing checks and calculations to ensure suitable equipment is specified for AIS systems.
- Communicate product manufacturing details to a variety of stakeholders including external suppliers and the internal purchasing, manufacturing, and project teams.
- Create equipment that is designed in a manner that optimizes costs and ensures manufacturability.
- Occasional travel within Canada and the United States to visit equipment vendors, perform factory acceptance testing, and help commission AIS systems.
Education and/or Experience
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience as a Design Engineer in a related industry.
- Possess a Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) license OREIT eligible for licensing.
- Experience with biogas, renewable natural gas (RNG), wastewater, anaerobic digestion, and/or organic waste processing.
Technical and Personal Skills
- Highly proficient with Solidworks or equivalent 3D CAD software with the ability to create sheet metal, structural, pipe routing, and process equipment models, as well as drawings and manufacturing BOMs.
- Experience with design codes including CSA B149.6 Code for Digester Gas, ASME VIII Division 1 BPVC, ASME B31.3 Process Piping, ASCE 7 wind and seismic design loads, API-RP500 hazardous area classification for Class 1, Divisions 1 and 2.
- Familiar with principles of operation of process equipment such as pumps, blowers, compressors, heat exchangers, valves, filters, membranes, and separators.
- Hands-on ability with an interest in visiting manufacturing shops and project sites to assist in installing components and commissioning of systems.
- Results-oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles, and maintaining timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrated dedication to safety.
- Familiarity with electrical wiring, instrumentation, and controls is an asset.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can independently solve problems and reliably complete tasks. Able to seize opportunities and move projects forward with minimal direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure continuous progress with tasks.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada with the ability and willingness to occasionally travel to the United States or other countries.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. Ability to drive to locations in Southern Ontario required.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.