Job Opportunity Information
Project and Operations Engineer
Ohio - USA (remote)
Wednesday, January 24th 2024
Deadline to apply
The Project and Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring safe operation of our renewable natural gas (RNG) assets, maximizing uptime and production, as well as optimizing reliability and performance. This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Biogas. The incumbent will collaborate extensively with the operations and biogas staff through regular on-site support to troubleshoot issues impacting throughput or yield, assist with commissioning new plants, and implement process and technology improvements at our facilities by designing, specifying, and implementing process improvement projects. The incumbent must be skilled in vendor management and familiar with common gas processing equipment. A results-oriented, self-motivated engineer is needed to work cross-functionally to support or lead a diverse set of project and/or operational tasks that may arise in a plant start-up and/or ongoing operating environment.
- Manage the full scope, including but not limited to, identification, prioritization, and execution of process improvement projects for IGS facilities digesting dairy manure into biogas and upgrading into RNG.
- Propose process improvement projects and determine cost and financial performance.
- Work cross functionally for controls upgrades, operational changes, etc.
- Drive the commissioning efforts at new IGS facilities as they come online.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues at biogas upgrading plants as well as devise improved alternative strategies in collaboration with onsite operations staff.
- Create action plans for resolving issues by evaluating operation targets, unit performance, and limitations.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and monitor project metrics, manage project data. Incorporate lesson’s learned and evaluate new project designs from an operations perspective.
- Summarize operating trends and engineering data recommending corresponding actions to plant management.
- Collaborate with Vendors and Plant Managers to develop SOPs and other training material for operations staff.
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFAs) and implement solutions with support from plant operations staff.
- Train new operators on plant operation to include troubleshooting equipment.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, preferably Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental
- 3-10 years of field engineering experience in process industries (refining, chemical processing, petrochemicals, and fertilizer), mining, power generation, water, wastewater or biofuels (ethanol, biodiesel, digesters, landfill) and oil and gas exploration and production and midstream.
- Demonstrated succinct, clear communication (oral and written) as well as reporting and analyzing KPIs.
- Passion for renewable energy and track record of delivering results and problem solving.
- Experience with SCADA systems (e.g., Wonderware, Factory Talk, Ignition) as well as data historians (e.g., Aveva, OSI PI).
- Willingness to travel to all IGS plants to conduct work.
- Has a strong adherence to safety protocols
- Can successfully contribute both as an individual and as part of a team
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.