Job Opportunity Information
Project Development Director (California) - Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
Tuesday, October 31st 2023
Deadline to apply
Waga Energy, Inc., an innovative Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) producer specializing in landfill gas upgrading is currently seeking candidates for the position of Project Development Director to support our growing activities in the US. This is a remote position responsible for Waga’s project development activities in California.
Responsibilities & Duties
This is an exciting, rewarding position promoting the role of renewable energies, notably renewable gas, in the future of energy transition.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development & Commercial, the Project Development Director serves as a member of the Business Development team and is a key contributor to the success of the company in the US, leading the identification and development of new landfill gas to RNG projects and supporting existing projects.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Leading the origination and development of new landfill gas to RNG projects, leveraging the WAGABOX® technology in accordance with Waga Energy’s strategic plan.
- Identifying new prospects and developing relationships with municipalities and private landfill operators.
- Coordinating the design of technical solutions adapted to the project in cooperation with the engineering team.
- Developing and presenting a clear value proposition creating mutual benefits for the landfill owner and Waga Energy.
- Leading the negotiation of commercial agreements with customers and stakeholders for new and existing growth opportunities.
- Acting as an excellent ambassador for Waga Energy in the US.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the RNG market in the US and staying current on broader renewables developments.
- Developing and maintaining a strong interface with key stakeholders: customers, partners, and industry commercial groups.
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional with a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related discipline, a minimum of 5 years of business development experience within the renewable energy industry, and a passion for and commitment to environmental preservation and sustainability. Previous experience must include the following:
- Economic and financial modelling in a commercial environment.
- Market assessment, risk analysis, and strategic planning.
- Regulatory influences and responses within the energy market.
- Complex contract negotiation, administration, and management.
Other key qualifications include absolute integrity, an innovative approach to problem solving that encourages creativity and collaboration, the ability to think and act independently, initiative and a willingness to accept considered risks to achieve success, a cooperative team spirit, a hands-on style and results orientation, a proven business development track record, a proven ability to build and maintain effective business relationships at a senior level, a proven ability to drive growth in the renewables market, and an excellent understanding of the US renewable energy market.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively build and maintain coworker, client and external partner relationships within a highly collaborative environment are critically important for success in this role. Candidates must also be autonomous/self-motivated, proactive, highly analytical, and well organized.
The ability to accommodate +/- 50% domestic (US) travel time (including overnight stays) is required. Some international travel may also be required.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.