Job Opportunity Information
Burnaby, British Columbia - Canada
Thursday, March 30th 2023
Deadline to apply
The Project Engineer will work closely within the Engineering team with the Technical Project Lead and will be integral in the planning, engineering and execution of Greenlane projects. The successful candidate will coordinate with various internal stakeholders to ensure engineering deliverables are high quality and delivered on-time and within scope of budget.
- Create, interpret, edit and review engineering designs, drawings, specifications, and detailed mechanical designs of biogas upgrading equipment. Confirm system consistency between 3D models, BOM, and drawings.
- Inspect and support manufacturing processes and systems.
- Ensure the design solution meets the client outcome requirements and is of sufficient detail to meet the manufacturer’s requirements with clear definition of scope.
- Understand and ensure that the design meets all applicable industry codes and standards for the designs, and that all Greenlane designs are well documented.
- Actively participate in the certification process for equipment and piping per design codes and regulations applicable to multiple jurisdictions depending on site location.
- Interface with internal and external customers to develop or understand specifications.
- Troubleshoot field reported issues and enact changes as needed to optimize performance and reliability.
- Prepare cost estimates, budgets and schedules as required.
- Implement and facilitate documentation management, document control, change management systems and processes using PLM/PDM software.
- Assist in reviewing and summarizing relevant process codes and regulations for input into company design processes.
- Work with external service providers to ensure that process engineering related work is of sufficient quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- P.Eng designation preferred.
- Experience with PDM/PLM systems is an asset.
- Engineering and product development experience, preferably in the oil & gas or renewable industry.
- Experience with ASME pressure piping and pressure vessels.
- Strong knowledge of engineering instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical equipment assembly and troubleshooting.
- Practical understanding of manufacturing, design & engineering processes with the ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Working knowledge of thermodynamics, electrochemistry, fluid mechanics, and materials science.
- Can-do attitude, and an ability to foster teamwork and work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a keen desire to get things done.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Decision making ability, with excellent planning and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize various activities from multiple projects simultaneously.
- A reputation for having sound business ethics and integrity.
- Experience with management of resources and functional activities.
- Some travel may be required (with consideration for COVID regulations).
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals. To be considered
for this role please apply through the Greenlane Renewables page on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/greenlane-biogas/) and attach your resume. While
we thank all interested candidates only those who are short-listed will be contacted.