Job Opportunity Information
Project Engineer, Development
Surrey, British Columbia - Canada
Tuesday, February 13th 2024
Deadline to apply
In the Project Engineer, Development role, you’ll be responsible for leading the development of upcoming large projects through the inception, alternative analysis, project development and approval phases.
Your strategic decision-making skills help you work through the uncertainty naturally present early in the project lifecycle. Your curiosity and initiative help you to develop identified needs and build solid business cases to justify your recommendations.
Your organized and detail-oriented approach will enable you to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure consistency throughout project development cycles and implement improvements to processes moving forward.
We’re committed to building a greener future in which we reduce our customers’ emissions. We need collaborators, innovators and leaders like you to help us achieve our goal. Join us in re-thinking our energy future.
In year 1, you will:
- Lead day-to-day analysis and project development activities while familiarizing yourself with our project development processes.
- Utilize existing systems and tools to analyze options, manage project development financials, and monitor schedule process, including monthly reporting.
- Review recent Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity applications submitted to the British Columbia Utilities Commission to gain familiarity and prepare for upcoming information requests.
In year 2, you will:
- Build business cases for new projects and initiatives and lead various teams through project development.
- Identify and propose improvements to our project development process pertaining to Major Projects and support updates to our tools and databases.
- Lead lessons-learned activities about Major Project development and analyze past performance.
- Four to eight years of relevant experience with a Professional Engineer certification and eligibility for Engineers and Geoscientists of BC registration.
- A Project Management Professional designation is considered an asset.
- Exceptional decision-making and communication skills to develop complex business cases and deliver large project plans while leading various teams.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.