Job Opportunity Information
Project Engineer – Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
Bala Cynwyd, PA - USA
Tuesday, October 3rd 2023
Deadline to apply
Waga Energy, Inc., an innovative Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) producer specializing in landfill gas upgrading is currently seeking candidates for the position of Energy Manager in our Bala Cynwyd, PA Office (Philadelphia Area) to support our growing activities in the US & Canada.
This is an exciting, rewarding position promoting the role of renewable energies, notably renewable gas, in the future of energy transition.
The Energy Manager plays a key role within the company and is responsible for maximizing the value of RNG, securing long term revenues, and acquiring/maintaining the certification of green attributes associated with the production of RNG through federal programs including the EPA Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program. The Energy Manager is accountable for multiple financial and administrative areas within the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy and all associated strategy metrics.
Faced with the urgent need to act to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the employees of Waga Energy, Inc. have commitment themselves to take meaningful action to contribute to sustainable energy transition and the construction of a more environmentally friendly society. In serving as members of this committed team of professionals, Waga employees are supported in meeting their professional development and career advancement goals within a fair, ethical culture focused on cooperation, humility, integrity, respect, and teamwork.
Waga offers a competitive annual salary and benefits package including 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays and paid parental leave along with health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and a 401k plan with company matching contributions. You’ll enjoy a relaxed, friendly work environment where you’ll have the ability to flex your work hours to attend to personal/family related matters as needed. Work from home is currently available 1 day per week.
- Assisting with the development and execution of project scope and schedule, from FEED (Front End Engineering Design) studies through to project delivery and ongoing operations.
- Assisting with all applicable regulatory and permitting related tasks to ensure compliance with all local, state, national, and industry specific codes and standards to include drafting and tracking requests for authorization.
- Assisting with the procurement of equipment. This includes drafting equipment specifications and datasheets as well as coordinating with both the Waga process department and outside equipment suppliers.
- Tracking and documenting project information (both internal and external) including information relevant to the procurement of equipment and supplies, as well as scheduling and progress related documentation.
- Managing subcontractors including subcontractor engineers, equipment manufacturers, and site contractors to include requesting quotes/proposals, overseeing/inspecting work to ensure adherence to the project plan, budget, and quality standards, and tracking change requests.
- Assisting with all applicable pre-commissioning & commissioning related activities.
- Ensuring the successful “handover” of new projects to the facility operations team.
- Support ongoing operations via technical trouble shooting and system checks of WAGABOX® units as needed.
- Maintaining a continuous focus on safety and process optimization/improvement throughout all phases of assigned projects, making suggestions and taking necessary actions as needed.
- Draft grant applications when relevant.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, electrical, process, thermal or a related discipline), a minimum of 3 years of previous experience (including co-op/internship experience) in a project engineering (or similar) role, and a passion for environmental preservation and sustainability. Experience with the conception and commissioning of equipment within a gas, chemical, or heat production related industry as well as knowledge of pressure equipment design is preferred but not required.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment are critically important for success in this role. Candidates must also be highly analytical and well organized. The ability to effectively build and maintain coworker, client and vendor/subcontractor relationships is a key element of the role as Waga Energy Project Engineers play an integral hands-on role in ensuring the successful execution of projects.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with DraftSight/AutoCAD or equivalent engineering software is a plus. Knowledge of French is also a plus but is not required.
The ability to accommodate +/- 25% domestic (US) travel time (including overnight stays) is required. Some international travel may also be required.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.