Job Opportunity Information
Project Manager, Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil
Monday, July 24th 2023
Deadline to apply
The Project Manager in Brazil will work across a fast-paced, proactive and flexible team and be responsible for the successful execution of external customer projects in accordance with the Project Governance Manual and company procedures. The incumbent in this role will work with internal teams, and external keys customers and suppliers, to ensure outcomes are in line with customer contract requirements and the company project governance process.
- Plan and lead the execution of delivered customer projects using appropriate company standard project management tools.
- Manage entire projects from contract award/ kick off to completion and handover in accordance with the company governance process.
- Manage the schedule, quality, budget baseline and scope elements of allocated projects.
- Manage scope creep and change orders as and when required to ensure client requests for changes are formalized and that projects meet their required gross margin, looking always for opportunities of costs and delivery time improvement.
- Problem-solving skills to sort out complex problems, focus to solve problems and think of unique and creative ways to resolve issues in compliance with the Greenlane governance process.
- Ensure quality and on time delivery of project planning and submit reports using the company standard project management and reporting tools.
- Manage the interface between Engineering, Procurement, Accounting and Field Operations for assigned projects.
- Set project specific targets, clearly communicate to the teams at the various stages and levels of the company and have the ability to motivate teams to comply with those targets effectively.
- Leadership and team building skills to meet the clients outcome requirements.
- Work closely with senior management in the execution of projects as allocated and manage day to day operational aspects of the projects and scope including team establishment and development.
- Understand the client’s outcome requirements and manage their expectations and any variations to our original scope. Manage any external communications between the project team and outside customers.
- Mitigate or eliminate, to the extent possible, any Greenlane exposure and risk to the project through utilization of risk mitigation tools and techniques.
- Participate in the development and implementation of internal business process initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Domestic and international travel will be required approximately 40% of the time.
- Track and report on project costs, profit margins and project percentage of completion throughout the life cycle of assigned projects.
- Manage the client invoicing and payment schedule to ensure collections are in line with the contract.
- Analyze project profitability to ensure it is in line with the budgeted gross margin and enact recovery plans when deviations occur.
- Prepare project claims for variations including scope changes, material or equipment switches, extensions to time, increase in resources and project accelerations.
- Evaluate the lessons-learned during the execution of projects, document, communicate to relevant areas and apply the lessons-learned to future projects.
Education & Experience:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (PMP), Prince2 certification or equivalent.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Engineering, is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience managing customer projects involving complex mechanical, electrical and electronic systems, ideally in the renewable natural gas sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of the project management process, project management office “PMO” and the ability to execute against the four key project elements – budget, scope, schedule and quality.
- Portuguese and English language skills are mandatory, the ability to speak Spanish would be beneficial.
- Experience in the biogas industry and/or landfill sector is a plus.
- Put in place plans and control processes to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Adept at managing issues and solving problems with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Say do ratio and ability to take decisions with accountability.
- Ability to plan through Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and use planning tools.
- Good understanding of the Project Governance Manual processes.
- Comprehensive understanding and able to execute earned value (EV) and measure the progress of the work.
- Knowledge of project accounting, cash flow forecasting and invoice management.
- Strong communication written and verbal skills and ability to communicate effectively with client representatives at all levels.
- Risk and claim management training are desired.
How to apply
To be considered for this role please apply through the Greenlane Renewables page on LinkedIn and attach your resume.