Job Opportunity Information
Project Manager – Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
Bala-Cynwyd, PA - USA
English / French (is a plus)
Wednesday, October 18th 2023
Deadline to apply
Waga Energy, Inc., an innovative Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) producer specializing in landfill gas upgrading is currently seeking candidates for the position of Project Manager in Bala Cynwyd, PA Office (Philadelphia Area).
Responsibilities & Duties
This is an exciting, rewarding, project leadership position promoting the role of renewable energies, notably renewable gas, in the future of energy transition.
Waga Energy, Inc. Project Managers lead collaborative project teams responsible for the management of landfill biogas to Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) projects in the USA via the successful delivery and operations of our WAGABOX® units. The Project Manager position is a highly responsible role leading projects and project teams from the initial feasibility analysis stage through planning, budgeting, design, permitting, construction, and ongoing operations while ensuring adherence to all safety and quality standards.
Associated responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing project scope, budget, and schedule from FEED (Front End Engineering Design) studies through to project delivery and ongoing operations.
- Managing all applicable regulatory and permitting related tasks to ensure compliance with all local, state, national, and industry specific codes and standards to include drafting and tracking requests for authorization.
- Managing the procurement of all equipment, supplies and services necessary for the delivery of the project within established budget and schedule. This includes drafting equipment specifications and datasheets as well as coordinating with both the Waga process department and outside equipment suppliers.
- Tracking and documenting project information (both internal and external) including information relevant to the procurement of equipment and supplies, as well as scheduling and progress related documentation.
- Managing subcontractors including subcontractor engineers, equipment manufacturers, and site contractors to include requesting quotes/proposals, overseeing/inspecting work to ensure adherence to the project plan, budget, and quality standards, and tracking change requests.
- Managing all applicable pre-commissioning & commissioning related activities.
- Ensuring the successful “handover” of new projects to the facility operations team.
- Supporting ongoing operations via technical trouble shooting and system checks of WAGABOX® units as needed.
- Maintaining a continuous focus on safety and process optimization/improvement throughout all phases of assigned projects, making suggestions and taking necessary actions as needed.
- Draft grant applications when relevant.
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, electrical, process, thermal or a related discipline), a minimum of three years of previous experience in an engineering project manager role, and a passion for environmental preservation and sustainability. Experience with the conception and commissioning of equipment within a gas, chemical, or heat production related industry as well as knowledge of pressure equipment design is preferred but not required.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills and the ability to lead a project team in a highly collaborative environment are critically important for success in this role. Candidates must also be highly analytical and well organized. The ability to effectively build and maintain coworker, client and vendor/subcontractor relationships is a key element of the role as Waga Energy Project Managers play an integral lead role in ensuring the successful execution of projects.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with DraftSight/AutoCAD or equivalent engineering software is a plus. Knowledge of French is also a plus but is not required.
The ability to accommodate +/- 25% domestic (US) travel time (including overnight stays) is required. Some international travel may also be required.
How to apply
To apply click on the "Link to Opportunity" button or through the company's LinkedIn page.