Job Opportunity Information
Renewable Natural Gas Project Manager - Pipelines & Facilities (Multiple Locations)
Multiple Locations - USA
Friday, July 14th 2023
Deadline to apply
Burns & McDonnell is looking for a motivated and collaborative Project Manager to support our growing Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) practice. This individual is expected to have experience with biogas processing and upgrading systems. Experience in anaerobic digestion of agricultural and food waste feedstocks is preferred. Burns & McDonnell’s RNG practice focuses on providing exemplary service to various utility, municipal, energy, and industrial clients. Typical assignments include leading multi-disciplinary teams in conducting feasibility studies, due diligence assessments, development of preliminary engineering packages, detailed design, and construction of significant RNG assets for our clients. Ability to communicate with project stakeholders, both internally and externally is a key function of this position.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of multi-discipline engineering projects from concept to completion including overall safety, siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, and closeout.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with clients regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment.
- Participate in and potentially lead internal and external project risk reviews. Consult with Legal Department as required.
- Manage internal project financials, providing detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals to client(s) and Global Practice leadership.
- Establish project teams, coordinate activities of multiple disciplines, and ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff.
- Manage all aspects of project communication.
- Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, proposals, presentations, contract negotiation, and related activities.
- Leverage existing client relationships, create new client relationships and focus on repeat work within each client account.
- Provide mentorship as well as formal and informal training for the project team.
- Provide performance feedback for project team members as appropriate.
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems, and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to the client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring additional support
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in design engineering, including 3 or more years of experience managing engineering projects. Completion of a master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Ability to influence, lead and manage change thoughtfully and positively.
- Experience with RNG project development, gas processing design, and construction.
- Understanding of the waste to energy industry including existing / emerging markets and demonstrated ability to monitor and communicate new market drivers and regulatory changes.
- Ability to identify opportunities and lead proposal / pursuit efforts. Proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
- Strong experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software.
- Previous consulting and design-build experience preferred.
- Professional Registration or the ability to obtain within the first six (6) months preferred.
How to apply
Use the "Link to Opportunity" above to apply.