Job Opportunity Information
Renewables Compliance Manager
Newport Beach, CA - USA
Monday, July 17th 2023
Deadline to apply
The Renewables Compliance Manager (“RCM”) will be responsible for managing Clean Energy’s compliance activities related to US EPA’s Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2), California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), and any other carbon programs the company participates in with its renewable natural gas (RNG) product. Key aspects of the RCM will be adhering to clean fuel regulatory programs, facilitating project pathway deliverables, interfacing with internal project teams, coordination with 3 party vendors and customers, and evaluating new opportunities to leverage RNG in other markets. The RCM will liaison with Upstream to ensure project operational and compliance integration occurs between Clean Energy, developers/operators, and our joint venture partners on our RNG projects. The RCM will report to the Director, Compliance and Sales Operations, supporting both Upstream and Distribution divisions grow the RNG business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform GREET modeling, write LCA reports, and facilitate with pathway submissions in existing and future clean fuel programs.
- Regularly review and update all necessary Compliance Management Plans.
- Manage and update the operational carbon intensity (CI) of existing and projects.
- Engage and represent Clean Energy with the CARB and EPA, including participating in workshops, writing comment letters, and providing regular updates to management.
- Review and oversee the filing of regulatory reports and audit responses.
- With Distribution’s operations team, identify opportunities to optimize and de-risk our RNG portfolio, in addition to researching new markets to pursue using RNG.
- Contribute to ongoing composition of our compliance Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”) that covers all steps required to submit and validate pathways, perform verification services, meet RFS deadlines, etc., ensuring regulatory adherence and internal procedural improvements.
- Perform CI modeling on prospective RNG projects during investment due diligence.
- Liaise with Upstream, project developers/operators, and consultants on Clean Energy RNG project investments.
- Support the operations team with project gas storage and logistics on RNG projects.
- Review RNG project drawings, schematics, and deliverables for compliancy adherence.
- Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly project status meetings, calls or visits. Communicate project progress to RNG Distribution team.
- Assist the operations group in the collection and analysis of project operational data to be used for LCFS credit and RIN generation.
- Understand our monthly RNG supply/demand allocation strategy and support operations as needed with RNG supplier and customer settlements.
- Ability to remain flexible, work with a dynamic team, maintain excellent organization, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Up to 30% travel is expected related to site walks, pathway registrations and verification, pre-project development evaluations, commissioning integration, etc., with the potential to increase as more RNG projects are developed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may in the future.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Science, and 3-5 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience managing compliance activities related to the RFS and LCFS programs, along with environmental commodities (carbon credits, RINs, RECs, offsets) markets, and knowledge of anerobic digester operations is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven and self-managed environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with groups and individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” by developing and implementing improvements to processes and tools. Continued desire and ability to learn is a must.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Experience with reading and understanding financial statements desirable.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
Quality: Consistently produces high quality work (accurate, neat, and thorough). Strives to improve productivity, processes, and quality. Demonstrates strong knowledge and skills related to the job. Presents a professional image with dress, demeanor, and manners. Maintains clean workspace, company equipment, and company vehicles. Safety is a high priority; performs job safely.
Communication: Communicates clearly, concisely, effectively, professionally and timely. Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills. Keeps others appropriately informed and shares ideas even when unpopular. Listens to what others have to say. Maintains open and active communication with colleagues. Effectively uses knowledge and experience in asking, probing, and anticipating issues to ensure quality is provided.
Teamwork: Fosters the spirit of working with each other. Displays respect, courtesy, politeness, tact, and openness. Handles conflict in an appropriate and professional manner. Builds relationships, promotes cohesiveness, models collaboration with others. Considers impact and issues for our customer and other departments. Engages other impacted departments early for solutions.
Persistence: Develops workable alternatives and solutions. Exhibits persistence in following assignments through to completion. Promotes process improvements.
Reliable: Responds in a timely manner. Is honest, ethical, value-driven, and trustworthy. Keeps commitments made, completes assignments, and meets deadlines. Accountable–Takes responsibility for own actions and performance. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Available and accessible.
Entrepreneurial: Takes initiative and appropriate action. Is engaged and committed to achieving the company’s mission. Pursues better ways to get things done and takes appropriate risks. Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss, and benefit. Is committed to the satisfaction of customers.
Leadership: Provides clear direction around a vision. Creates actionable plans and is proactive & anticipatory. Demonstrates innovative approaches and solutions. Is an example for employees and others. Accepts responsibility for individual and team performance. Makes appropriate and timely decisions and takes action on decisions. Sets clear and reasonable performance expectations. Motivates and empowers others. Delegates tasks appropriately. Recruits staff of a high caliber. Provides feedback to subordinates that is timely and direct. Recognizes subordinates for their contributions and effort. Encourages continuous growth and learning in others. Shows respect for others and their ideas. Helps others manage through change.
Passion: Is excited and creates enthusiasm about the company’s future. Promotes a sense of company pride. Displays sense of pride in the department and its contributions. Displays passion for the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Always practice good judgment and refer to the safety guidelines.
Some travel will be required, up to 10% of the time.
How to apply
Use the "Link to Opportunity" above to apply.