Job Opportunity Information
RNG Development Manager
Newport Beach, CA - USA
Monday, July 17th 2023
Deadline to apply
As a member of the RNG Upstream Investment team, the RNG Development Manager will serve as a key resource for the initial assessment, due diligence, underwriting, and development projects to generate low carbon intensity (CI) RNG from animal waste.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform technical due diligence, document, review and summarize potential investment projects including time frame, budget limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects. Projects involve feasibility analysis, mass and energy balances to confirm biogas quality and the anticipated biogas production levels, CI score modeling, site investigations, review of project design documents, permitting strategy, equipment specifications and selection, and utility interconnects.
- Coordinate and drive all aspects of project development including site investigations, obtaining entitlements, permits, business licenses, equipment specification and ordering, , and utility applications.
- Determine any other federal, state and local requirements necessary for construction and coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly development meetings, calls or visits. Communicate project progress to RNG Investment Team.
- Actively monitor project progress to ensure it is on schedule and within prescribed development budget.
- Coordinate multiple project related workstreams including origination, legal, finance, engineering, procurement and investment underwriting. Effectively communicate progress to departmental leadership.
- Prepare and provide project status reports and ensure project documentation is complete and accurate.
- Confer with department personnel provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Travel will be required an estimated 7-10 days per month or as necessary to project sites and in connection with due diligence on project opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise a team of employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, 5-7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Engineering or Science degree preferred.
- Preferred experience:
- Project Development or Project Management Experience
- Experience with Anerobic Digestion
- The ability to read blueprints, project schedules and technical materials
- A background in construction administration or energy
- Experience with Compressors.
- Experience in project evaluation and assessment
- Entitlement and/or building permits.
Other Skills and Abilities Desired
- Construction and / or equipment specification, procurement, layout and / or design
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong mechanical and / or electrical aptitude.
- Proven administrative skills, including the ability to track multiple aspects of complex projects.
- The ability to establish project schedules and budgets.
- The ability to communicate effectively with multiple project stakeholders.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Professional appearance and bearing.
- The ability to learn new processes, tools and methods quickly.
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to review plans, codes and other complex documents.
- The ability to achieve goals and solve problems independently.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of Database software; Project Management software; Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
Quality: Consistently produces high quality work (accurate, neat, and thorough). Strives to improve productivity, processes and quality. Demonstrates strong knowledge and skills related to the job. Presents a professional image with dress, demeanor, and manners. Maintains clean work space, company equipment and company vehicles. Safety is a high priority; performs job safely.
Communication: Communicates clearly, concisely, effectively, professionally and timely. Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills. Keeps others appropriately informed and shares ideas even when unpopular. Listens to what others have to say. Maintains open and active communication with colleagues. Effectively uses knowledge and experience in asking, probing, and anticipating issues to ensure quality is provided.
Teamwork: Fosters the spirit of working with each other. Displays respect, courtesy, politeness, tact, and openness. Handles conflict in an appropriate and professional manner. Builds relationships, promotes cohesiveness, models collaboration with others. Considers impact and issues for our customer and other departments. Engages other impacted departments early for solutions.
Persistence: Develops workable alternatives and solutions. Exhibits persistence in following assignments through to completion. Promotes process improvements.
Reliable: Responds in a timely manner. Is honest, ethical, value-driven and trustworthy. Keeps commitments made, completes assignments and meets deadlines. Accountable–Takes responsibility for own actions and performance. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Available and accessible.
Entrepreneurial: Takes initiative and appropriate action. Is engaged and committed to achieving the company’s mission. Pursues better ways to get things done and takes appropriate risks. Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value. Is committed to the satisfaction of customers.
Leadership: Provides clear direction around a vision. Creates actionable plans and is proactive & anticipatory. Demonstrates innovative approaches and solutions. Is an example for employees and others. Accepts responsibility for individual and team performance. Makes appropriate and timely decisions and takes action on decisions. Sets clear and reasonable performance expectations. Motivates and empowers others. Delegates tasks appropriately. Recruits staff of a high caliber. Provides feedback to subordinates that is timely and direct. Recognizes subordinates for their contributions and effort. Encourages continuous growth and learning in others. Shows respect for others and their ideas. Helps others manage through change.
Passion: Is excited and creates enthusiasm about the company’s future. Promotes a sense of company pride. Displays sense of pride in the department and its contributions. Displays passion for the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Always practice good judgment and refer to the safety guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Always practice good judgment and refer to the safety guidelines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to apply
Use the "Link to Opportunity" above to apply.