Job Opportunity Information
Sales Manager, USA
Wednesday, September 21st 2022
Deadline to apply
The Sales Manager, USA will work as part of an integrated sales team in order to meet Greenlane’s strategic objectives. You will work across a fast-paced and flexible team, and play a critical role in pursuing new customers and sales opportunities regionally in the United States. Your mission is to fill Greenlane’s sales pipeline with opportunities and translate them into profitable orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively and energetically identify, develop and close potential sales opportunities.
• Understand market drivers and articulate them to other team members, namely Product Management.
• Professionally represent Greenlane with our customers, prospective customers and industry partners.
• Communicate often our unique selling points and value proposition to prospective customers, channel partners and other stakeholders.
• Use CRM effectively to log activities with prospects, prepare and maintain sales plans and drive opportunities through the sales funnel.
• Pursue sales opportunities that maximize profitability for Greenlane and its customers.
• Manage budgetary and commercial sales proposals, and when applicable, manage tender processes.
• Assist in sales contract negotiations.
• Maintain weekly and monthly reporting of sales activities and opportunities.
• Support marketing campaigns, attend industry trade shows and conferences, and seek out speaking opportunities to promote the Greenlane brand and our products.
• Maintain relations with existing customers and have key account strategy in place to support them with prompt response and assistance.
• Extensive travel required within sales territory.
• Advocate in favour of RNG. Educate stakeholders.
• Promote the unique and compelling benefits of RNG as a solution for two of the most difficult to decarbonize sectors – commercial transportation and the natural gas distribution network.
• Seek out existing power producing landfill and anaerobic digester projects for conversion to biogas upgrading.
• Develop multi-level communication interconnection points and relationships between Greenlane and our customers and prospective customers.
• Understand the client’s desired outcome and decision making process.
• Work with field service team to build new business opportunities through contacts with existing clients.
• Strong presentation skills in front of individuals and groups in both informal and corporate settings.
• Knowledge of and relationships within the biogas industry and process knowledge of biogas upgrading.
• Ability to work both individually and within the framework of a team to win business profitably.
• Ability to quantify and commutate a value proposition using financial analysis considering all influencing factors such as CAPEX, OPEX, incentives, tax credits, etc.
• Track record of establishing positive customer relationships and sales success in the United States.
• Proficiency in planning and coordination of complex activities throughout the sales cycle, bringing creativity and ability to think on your feet.
• Extensive existing network of relationships in the RNG industry is a plus.
Education & Experience:
• Post-secondary degree, preferably in Business or Engineering is considered an asset.
• A minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a Sales Manager in the biogas upgrading, CHP or renewable energy industry with a proven track record of generating strong revenue.
• Strong understanding of traditional and emerging sales channels.
• Excellent communication and team player skills.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Familiarity with the latest trend and technologies in the biogas upgrading business.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals. To be considered for this role please apply through the Greenlane Renewables page on LinkedIn and attach your resume. While we thank all interested candidates only those who are short-listed will be contacted.