Job Opportunity Information
Senior Renewable Natural Gas Process Engineer- Kiewit Industrial & Water Engineering
Lenexa, KS or Houston, TX - USA
Friday, July 14th 2023
Deadline to apply
Kiewit Industrial & Water Engineering (KIWE) is seeking a Senior-Level Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) Process Engineer. This role is located in Lenexa, KS or Houston, TX, with the opportunity for flexible work. We are looking for ideal candidates to grow the Kiewit team by helping establish, maintain, and improve company standards and tools while also utilizing these standards and tools to contribute to project success. Candidates shall have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the natural gas and/or biogas industries to help us grow our RNG/Energy business.
- Participating and supporting renewable natural gas proposal development.
- Performing process and chemical mass balance modelling for renewable natural gas projects.
- Work with appropriate equipment manufacturers, vendors, and suppliers on specifying process equipment for renewable natural gas projects.
- Lead and participate in design teams, support engineering calculations, and the design process.
- Supporting and construction and commissioning process on appropriate facility design projects.
- Participating, leading, and troubleshooting the field start up and commissioning on renewable natural gas projects.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to staff and project engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the natural gas and/or biogas industries
- A PE License with the ability to gain additional state licensure, and/or NCEES record.
- Experience working in the EPC project preferred.
- Significant work experience in gas separation process technologies such as: moisture removal, Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) removal, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) removal, Nitrogen and Oxygen rejection, power generation, heat recovery and solid-liquid separation processes.
- Experience in PFD and P&ID development, specification preparation and equipment selection for major unit processes.
- Experience with proposal development, design, construction, and commissioning of Biogas/RNG systems.
- Experience with automated control systems, PLC’s and instrumentation.
- Experience involving the modeling and design of biogas from Landfills and Anaerobic digestion processes to pipeline injection.
- Expertise in process simulation models; Aspen HYSYS, or similar Chemical Mass Balance modeling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to mentor younger professional staff.
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Work overtime and weekends as required.
How to apply
Use the "Link to Opportunity" above to apply.