Job Opportunity Information
Technical and Project officer – Digestate and Biohydrogen
Brussels, Belgium / Hybrid
Tuesday, January 9th 2024
Deadline to apply
EBA is seeking to recruit a Technical and Project officer to expand EBA’s knowledge and data on digestate and biohydrogen.
As part of EBA’s Technical Department, you will contribute to the implementation of EBA’s technical strategy. Your main objective will be to further develop and increase EBA’s knowledge and database on digestate and biohydrogen. Furthermore, you will coordinate the data gathering and publication of the European Biomethane map. You will bring new ideas to the table to deliver insightful publications.
- Energetic working environment with a multicultural team in Brussels.
- A position within the renewable energy sector to impact the shift towards a cleaner world and higher EU energy independence.
- An attractive remuneration package suited to your experience.
- Hybrid working environment (2 days per week working from home office)
- Initial 1 year contract with possibility for a long-term extension.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead on
- The data gathering and publication of the European biomethane map, including the development of an interactive version.
- Research, data collection and knowledge acquisition in the field of digestate and biohydrogen.
- Contribute to the development of EU project proposals in relation to biohydrogen production and digestate upgrading and application.
- Strong involvement in the development of other key publications, such as the EBA statistical report.
- Strong interaction with EBA members and collaboration with key stakeholders for technical knowledge exchange.
- Support to EBA’s policy and communication activities.
- Representation of the EBA at scientific conferences, international workshops, and exhibitions.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- University graduate in a related field of environmental engineering, environmental sciences, agriculture, natural sciences, engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience.
- Knowledge of renewable energies and particularly renewable gases.
- Enthusiasm for renewable energies and environmental protection.
- Excellent command of English. Any other language is a definite plus.
- Required skill set: analytical skills, numerical reasoning, logical thinking, eye for detail.
- Multitasker, quick-learner and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, proactive, self-starter.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate that he/she has the right to live and work in Belgium.
- Willingness to travel within Europe.
What would we consider a plus?
- Experience in the Horizon 2020 and/or Horizon Europe program.
- Experience with databases software and data visualization tools
- Basic knowledge on EU legislation on renewable energies.
How to apply
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 1 page) to Vinciane Perot (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mieke Decorte (email@example.com) with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Technical and Project Officer – Digestate and Biohydrogen’.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.