Job Opportunity Information
Vice President, Supply Chain & Strategic Sourcing
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Wednesday, April 19th 2023
Deadline to apply
We are looking for an experienced, bold, and energetic Vice President, Supply Chain & Strategic Sourcing to transform, shape and lead our Supply Chain department that delivers the highest levels of customer experience at the lowest total cost across our North American, Latin American, and European markets. As a key member of the management team and reporting to our purpose driven COO, you will lead a team of supplier development, supplier quality, procurement and logistics professionals while working cross-functionally with sales, finance, engineering, project management and field service departments. This role requires someone with substantial procurement experience in product design and project engineering environments, which includes significant outsourcing of complex fabrication, superior leadership, problem solving and process improvement skills.
● Partner with the COO and management team to ensure global supply chain strategies are aligned with business strategies.
● Analyze, recommend, and manage cost improvement strategies through product, vendor, and design changes and other process and performance improvement initiatives.
● Champion strategies that address opportunities related to government policies (i.e.: Inflation Reduction Act) in the product supply.
● Design and establish the appropriate structure of the team to provide seamless support and service to the sales, finance, project management, engineering and field service teams.
● Provide superior leadership to the team by providing clear communication, developing and supporting effective and robust business and operational processes and ensuring resource needs are at the level to support the workload requirements.
● Mentor the team for all negotiations regarding any new or existing Supply Agreements by playing a pivotal role and involving as required Engineering, Legal, and Finance departments.
● Ensure an effective supplier selection process including the execution of RFQs for key categories and products.
● Ensure the Logistics team drive opportunities to streamline and optimize our supply network.
● Work closely with Supplier Quality Management to ensure that all supplied products meet or exceed quality requirements and that corrective action plans are executed with suppliers when quality issues arise.
● Invest and prioritize in the development of current and future leadership through assignment of development opportunities, coaching, mentoring, and effective administration of rewards and recognition.
● As a member of the cross-function Management Review Group (MRG), continuously review project performance information and data to identify and mitigate risks and address issues as they arise.
● Lead the department and participate in cross-functional process excellence and continuous improvement efforts and drive continuous improvement in all areas of business.
● Stay current on trends and developments affecting global supply chains.
● Bachelor Degree in Business or in Engineering plus a minimum of 20 years of Supply Chain experience.
● Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a management capacity or at least 2 years at the Vice President level, leading diverse teams through organizational growth.
● Prior experience with an organization in the Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) or Oil and Gas markets is of benefit.
● Ability to inspire and motivate people is essential for this role. These qualities must be combined with strong communication and organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
● Superior negotiation skills for resolution of complex issues with suppliers and solving problems with diplomacy, professionalism and win-win approach.
● Strategic, critical, customer-oriented, and analytical thinking for structured problem solving.
● Demonstrated success maintaining positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with team members and suppliers using exceptional influencing, facilitation and collaboration skills.
● Passion for developing team members to achieve career growth through education and developmental opportunities.
● Solid experience of working with manufactures, global suppliers and distribution networks of mechanical and electronic components.
● Fluency in English is a must but Spanish, French, Italian or Portuguese would be an asset.
● Comprehensive understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
● Ability to travel across North America, Latin America and Europe is required when needed.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals. To be considered for this role please apply through the Greenlane Renewables page on LinkedIn and attach your resume. While we thank all interested candidates only those who are short-listed will be contacted.